Unlike braided fibre ropes, the construction of an EXTREEMA® roundsling is based on parallel laid fiber technology that make up the core.
The core of an EXTREEMA® roundsling is always made of 100% high performance fibers, such as Dyneema® or general HMPE. This makes the slings up to 15 times stronger than steel on a weight for weight basis. Comparison between equal slings in HMPE/Dyneema® and wire rope sling will give you a weight reduction up to 80% compared to wire rope.
A jacket, sleeve or cover mainly serves to keep the core yarn strands together. It is important to consider the circumstances of the lifting job in choosing the right sleeve for your sling. The right cover protects the core material from getting damaged in an early stage but in addition appropriate supplementary protections (on the bearing points, sharp objects etc.)
- The slings are light weight and easy to handle which makes them extreamly ergonomic for heavy lifting.
- Less than 1% stretch at WLL, therefor suitable for calculated lifts.
- Small diameter due to stronger material than regular polyester roundslings.
- D:d down to 1:1 for roundslings up to 150T, above this D:d=1:1,5
- Resistant against chemicals, but do always inform us if chemicals are involved
- Does not absorb water, Extreema® slings float on water
- Longer life cycle compared to polyester slings
- No rust or corrosion like on steel wire ropes
- Material: 100% Dyneema® or general HMPE
- Marking: According to standard, CE-marked
- Temperature range: -50°C up to +70°C
- Safety factor: 7:1