Unlike braided fiber ropes, the construction of an EXTREEMA® roundsling is based on parallel laid fiber technology that make up the core.
The core of this EXTREEMA® roundsling is made of 100% high performance fibers, such as Dyneema® or general HMPE. This makes the slings up to 15 times stronger than steel on a weight for weight basis. Comparison between equal slings in HMPE/Dyneema® and wire rope sling will give you a weight reduction up to 80% compared to steel wire rope.
The jacket, sleeve or cover mainly serves to keep the core yarn strands together. It is important to consider the circumstances of the lifting job in choosing the right sleeve for your sling. The right cover protects the core material from getting damaged in an early stage but in addition appropriate supplementary protections (on the bearing points, sharp objects etc.)
Advantages of EXTREEMA® round slings:
- The slings are light weight and easy to handle which makes them extremely ergonomic for heavy lifting.
- Small diameter, 2,5 times smaller than regular polyester round slings.
- D:d down to 1:1 for round slings up to 160T, above this D:d=1:1,5
- EXTREEMA® round slings do not suffer from fatigue like steel wire slings (ropes)
- Less back and hand injuries, no sharp edges
- Extremely ergonomic compared to synthetic or steel ropes
- Longer life cycle compared to polyester slings
- No rust or corrosion like on steel wire ropes
- Less than 1% stretch at WLL, therefor suitable for calculated lifts.
Advantages of a Dyneema® jacket:
- Resistance against cuts, abrasion and puncture
- Service temperature range from -50°C up to +70°C
- Extremely resistant to UV
- Excellent on (sea)water and moisture
- Good resistance against acids and alkali
- Extremely durable and stretchable
- No damage to payload
- Proven track-record in many industries/applications
- Chemical resistant
Advantages of a Cordura® jacket:
- Resistance against abrasions, tears, scuffs and friction (heat)
- Service temperature range from -40°C up to +100°C
- Moderate resistance against long-term UV exposure
- Excellent on (sea) water, moisture
- Good resistance to many oils, greases and fuels
- Extremely durable
- No damage to payload
- Resistant against higher temperatures
- Material: 100% Dyneema® or general HMPE
- Marking: According to standard, CE-marked
- Temperature range: -50°C up to +70°C
- Safety factor: 7:1